Run, monitor and manage workloads and results on distributed resources
Altair offers a novel set of software modules, making the management of simulation data a natural and enjoyable experience. The integration of Altair's HyperWorks® simulation tools with PBS Works™ workload management solutions increases high-performance computing productivity, providing users with a reliable and affordable enterprise simulation platform.
Compute Manager is a web-based job submission and management portal, that is application aware. This allows end-users only have to concern themselves with the data and applications they wish to run.
Compute Manager 11.1 is currently available. Click here to download.
Key highlights in Compute Manager 11.1:
- Managing Remote Files:
Real time access to the remote
file system of the PBS Professional cluster.
- Results Visualization Service: Advanced job monitoring capability through inspecting and visualizing data from the solver log files, allowing visualization of animation and plot data for running and completed jobs.
With Compute Manager users can:
- Access Management Service:
A centralized configuration system for defining users and their groups, allowing users to share application profiles with specific users and/
- Set up simulation jobs on distributed resources with easily configurable applications definitions
- Monitor workloads on distributed resources, both graphically and analytically
- Manage simulation jobs, visualizing data and results remotely
- Enable secure and immediate access to distributed resources from virtually any Internet-enabled device
"When Tower decided to deploy HPC to help reduce computational time of highly Complex CAE/CFD Engineering Simulations, we chose Altair’s Compute Manager for our job maangement
. Using Compute Manager to submit jobs on the cluster gave Tower the flexibility to consolidate all solvers and related licenses on a single system. With Compute manager, our HPC setup was implemented within 2 weeks, from bare metal up to fully operative environment.
Altair’s Compute Manager is the new standard at Tower for HPC Workload Management and it will be implemented worldwide. We are looking forward to upcoming features of this Enterprise Solution providing us result visualization over the portal for ongoing and completed simulation jobs. Combined with the innovative Altair licensing model, we can leverage extensive use of HyperWorks technology on our HPC.”
– Tower Automotive