Altair Engineering Introduces New Web Portal Technology for Computational Grids and Distributed Computing
TROY, Mich., Nov. 20, 2003
- Altair Engineering, a global leader in product design consulting, engineering software and high-performance computing technology, today announced the release of Altair® e-ComputeTM, a web portal to simplify the submission and monitoring of computationally intensive jobs within heterogeneous dedicated, clustered and distributed computing environments.
Optimized to work with the company’s PBS ProTM workload management software for wide area distributed computing (www.altair.com/pbspro), e-Compute dramatically improves the efficiencies of job scheduling, termination, monitoring and reporting while providing the flexibility and convenience of a secure internet connection.
The standard web browser interface:
* Eliminates platform specific requirements
* Allows secure access to compute resources through an internet connection
* Provides consistent WEB based user interface for all applications and compute platforms
* Enables submission nodes instantaneously without installing additional software
"Adding e-Compute to our Enterprise Computing technology portfolio is a natural extension which greatly enhances our clients ability to share their computing resources across their global operations and with their business partners," said Michael Humphrey, vice president of Enterprise Computing, Altair." Additionally the e-Compute WEB portal insulates end users from needing to learn the various Job control syntaxes associated with individual applications and unique hardware platforms".
The e-Compute WEB portal allows customers the ability to customize and automate their analysis processes within any compute environment. Additionally, the open-architecture design supports tight integration with custom and industry specific solver technologies for broad industry categories including biotechnology, CAE, energy, financial, life sciences, etc. Altair has already provided e-Compute interfaces for the twelve most popular solver applications utilized in the automotive market segment.
* Automates the scheduling of multi-step processing
* Provides accessibility of multiple platforms and multiple computing clusters from one single point via a user friendly web browser Graphical User Interface (GUI) allowing users and administrators a homogeneous view of their computing environments and the ability to access the system from inside and outside of the user’s network
* Allows for customizable GUI-based report generation for resource usage (solvers, RAM, disk, CPU) and associated costs by individual jobs, by users, by groups of users or by projects over a defined period of time
* Ensures secure data transfer over Intranet/Internet by utilizing HTTP over SSL
* Allows for easy integration with authentication mechanisms including, Windows NT domain, NIS (yellow pages), UNIX password/shadow passwords file and LDAP
Global distribution of e-Compute is ongoing and the release will be supported by demonstrations throughout the US, Europe and Asia including Supercomputing 2003 in Phoenix Arizona, November 17 thru the 21st, 2003 in booth # 919. Press interested in seeing a demonstration or arranging for an executive interview should contact Cynthia Rogers at (312) 233-1390. For more information on these events and e-Compute please visit www.altair.com/ecompute
About Altair Engineering
Through product design consulting, advanced engineering software and high performance computing technologies, Altair Engineering increases innovation for clients around the globe. Founded in 1985 and privately held with offices throughout 11 countries, Altair's unparalleled knowledge and expertise in product development and manufacturing extend throughout North America, Europe and Asia. As the developer of Altair® HyperWorks® - The Engineering Framework for Product DesignTM, Altair is the leading provider of high-end, open CAE software solutions for modeling, visualization, optimization and process automation. The company’s grid computing software, PBS ProTM, is a workload management solution for high performance computing environments, LINUX clusters and desktop cycle harvesting that delivers an ROI within one year. For detailed information about Altair, visit www.altair.com