Deadline Approaching to Register for Altair’s HyperWorks Technology Conference, Sept. 16-17
Dr. Joel Orr of Cyon Research and Gary E. Mach of ESD to emcee conference where highly anticipated presenters and popular evening entertainment are expected to draw a full house
TROY, Mich. – Sept. 11, 2008
– Time is running out to register for the HyperWorks Technology Conference presented by Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com) Sept. 16-17 at the Rock Financial Showplace in Novi, Mich. The premier PLM conference is free for attendees and includes an agenda packed with keynote and panel addresses by highly-regarded industry notables, along with an evening reception and networking event with live music from Pistons legendary show-band, the Sun Messengers. Event emcees include Dr. Joel Orr, internationally recognized speaker, author and consultant of Cyon Research Corporation; and Gary E. Mach, Engineering Society of Detroit (ESD) Director of Innovation and co-producer of the award-winning national children’s TV science show SciEngiMathePloration.
Altair Engineering’s HyperWorks is an engineering simulation platform that supports product lifecycle management (PLM) processes. It ranks as one of the leading simulation-driven design solutions for product development across the world’s top corporations in the advanced manufacturing community. Altair’s annual HyperWorks conference is one of the premier PLM technology events for the advanced manufacturing community.
The two-day conference brings together hundreds of industry professionals and technology leaders from industries such as aerospace; automotive; consumer products; electronics; healthcare; heavy equipment; military; rail transit; ship building; and white goods, and highlights the latest industry trends in enterprise simulation. Sun Microsystems, which recently introduced a direct port of Altair’s HyperWorks solver solutions to its Solaris platform, is a Gold sponsor of the conference and co-host of the Sept. 16 evening reception. In addition, executives and product experts from more than 15 technology partners and exhibitors will be on-hand showcasing the latest technologies available for simulation driven design.
“We expect a full house of attendees eager to explore and discuss the topics, issues and information relevant to the future of PLM and engineering software in their industries,” said Michael J. Kidder, vice president of corporate marketing of Altair. “We’re looking forward to enriching our audience with topics on the latest in simulation, sustainability, structural optimization, earth modeling and more, and mix in some evening entertainment and fun with music, networking and refreshments with our day-one attendee reception.”
Just a few of the conference highlights include:
- A welcome address from Altair CEO James Scapa, a visionary and leader who helped grow a small consulting activity in computer-aided-engineering to a leading global provider of technology with more than 1,400 employees and offices worldwide;
- Keynotes from Nand K. Kochhar, executive technical leader, Global CAE, for Ford Motor Company; Terry Swack, co-founder and CEO of Sustainable Minds; and Giovanni Greco, director of engineering for Sea Ray;
- Presentations by representatives from Chevron Corporation, The Boeing Company, Crest Animation Studios; and
- Focused broad industry track presentations ranging from Computing IT to Process Automation and from Design Optimization to Manufacturing Process Simulation.
The conference’s day-one morning session will include the highly anticipated feature panel, “The Relevance of Simulation in Today’s Enterprise,” moderated by Anthony J. Lockwood, editor at large of Desktop Engineering magazine, a media sponsor of the conference.
The panel includes the following highly-regarded industry experts:
- Aberdeen Group Vice President, Product Innovation & Engineering Chad Jackson;
- CIMdata, Inc. Director of Research Kenneth Amann;
- Collaborative Product Development Associates (CPDA) Chairman Donald H. Brown;
- Cyon Research Corporation Vice President and Chief Visionary, engineering-automation consultant and prolific author Dr. Joel Orr; and
- Altair Engineering’s Software Business Line Vice President Jeffrey M. Brennan.
Avoid the line; register online! There are still a few days left to sign up conveniently online. For free registration to Altair’s Americas HyperWorks Technology Conference or for more information, click on www.altairhtc.com/na.
Built upon a foundation of design optimization, performance data management and process automation, HyperWorks is an enterprise simulation platform for rapid design-exploration and decision-making. As the most comprehensive, open-architecture CAE solution in the industry, HyperWorks includes best-in-class modeling, analysis, visualization and data management solutions for linear, nonlinear, structural optimization, fluid-structure interaction and multi-body dynamics applications. For more information, please visit www.altairhyperworks.com.
Altair Engineering, Inc. empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 1,400 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 20-year-plus track record for enterprise analytics, product development and advanced computing, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com.