PBS Professional 8.0.6 is now available
TROY, Mich., (Dec. 4, 2007) – In response to client request Altair has released a patched version of PBS Professional version 8.0.
PBS Professional 8.0.6 is available for down load from the PBS Professional client website. PBS Professional 8.0.6 includes a total eight bug fixes. The numbers listed below are the support numbers associated with each bug.
There was one critical bug (9320) that resulted in a critical performance issue when adding new nodes to an existing large cluster it has been resolved.
The following major bugs (8891, 9270, 9321, 9341, and 9071) were also resolved.
- 8891, Restarting the Server with running jobs, would result in over-allocation of vnodes.
- 9270, The server crashes when creating a new node because of a double free in server of UPDATE3 message information.
- 9321, Related to the critical bug (9320), there was a performance issue related to the adding and deleting of nodes from the server.
- 9341, Server crashes when a series of "qmgr -c 'd n ...'" commands are issued.
- 9071, Memory placement problems with CPUsets and suspend/resume.
The following two bugs (8825, 10124) have also been resolved.
- 8825, Miscalculation of memory for threads when the kernel shows as .pid in /proc.
- 10124, Scheduler can't have more than 5 peers. This has been extended to allow 50 peers.
About Altair Engineering
Altair Engineering, Inc. empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Altair’s PBS GridWorks is a suite of on-demand grid computing technologies that allows enterprises to maximize ROI on computing infrastructure assets. PBS GridWorks is the most widely implemented software environment for grid-, cluster- and on-demand computing worldwide. The suite’s flagship product, PBS Professional, provides a flexible, on-demand computing environment that allows enterprises to easily share diverse (heterogeneous) computing resources across geographic boundaries. Privately held with more than 1,400 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 20-year-plus track record for product design, advanced engineering software and grid computing technologies, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries.